Monday, April 25, 2011

Making up for lost time...

Well, I realize it's been a while since I last updated this so here goes the attempt. I'm sitting at the computer currently, trying to figure out where to begin. Garrett has just climbed up on the chair I'm sitting in and is playing with my hair. He's more gentle and cuddly when he's not feeling too well. He's had a cold for about two weeks now.

I'll fill ya in on the Fall real quick since that's where we left off last. For Halloween Garrett had three different costumes. My mom got carried away. Batman and Superman PJ's with a detachable cape that look just like the actual characters were just too cute and the right price to be able to pass up. So they double as PJ's but he wore them a few days before Halloween so we could get some use out of them in the appropriate season. And from the day Garrett was born my mom has referred to him as the Ninja Baby. So when she saw a Ninja costume she couldn't pass it up.


It was also at this time that Garrett started testing his land legs. Walking.



Being in the stake relief society presidency requires me to travel and one of my assigned areas is Vail. It's quite a drive so when I go I usually bring Garrett and Brad with me. We pack a lunch and spend the day. Brad had been wanting to hike to Hanging Lake, right outside of Glenwood Springs for a while so on one trip to visit the Vail branch we decided we'd finally make the trip to Hanging Lake.


Garrett was so helpful in packing the cooler!




It was colder than we expected so I gave Garrett my gloves...and Brad eventually gave him his sweat shirt too. Since our hike was literally straight up the side of a mountain and Brad carried Garrett throughout the entire *CLIMB* Brad was nice and warm. Garrett actually fell asleep on the way down the *cliffs in Brad's arms. Garrett was definitely the youngest hiker on the trail that day.

1 comment:

Momza said...

Ya did good!
Love the updates almost as much as I love the Ninja Baby!

Post a Comment