Monday, September 20, 2010

Psycho Billy Goat in His Natural Habitat


Brad, Garrett and I went camping in Rocky Mountain National Park a few weeks ago. It was Garrett's first time. And He Loved It! What's not to love? Dirt every where!... In your shoes, hair, bed and in your food too! And it's okay, that's how it's supposed to be when you camp! We went on some little hikes and saw some beautiful sights. I think we most enjoyed just being together. Brad had been gone all summer for an internship and had just gotten home. Spending a few days as a family without distractions was needed.
One night I fixed Brad a burger, left it on the table and went to feed Garrett. I was only like 3 feet away but that didn't scare the birds. One was daring enough to jump on the burger and eat it! I scared it off but it kept hoovering. Brad came over and tried to chuck a rock close to it to scare the bird. I hate to say it but I laughed when he hit it. He laughed too but we both felt bad for the bird. We are totally animal lovers...but it still makes me laugh a little as I remember the look on Brad's face.

Our last night there we had what seemed like a mini hurricane! It was so windy and rainy. At one point during the night our tent looked like it was about to fold inward on us! It was pretty nippy and really loud so I continually checked on Garrett to make sure he was warm and covered up. He didn't wake up once. I didn't sleep a wink.


We brought the pack'n'play for the baby to hang out in while we set-up, cooked and cleaned. He didn't mind at all staying in there so long as he could see us, hear us and everything else. We had him doubled clothed and beanie-ed, with toys and a view. Garrett loved camping. It's funny that I worried so much about him- being fed, safe, warm, sleeping...and yet he had no troubles at all and loved every minute. Me on the other hand...I was exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment