Tuesday, June 22, 2010

How the Price that thinks he's right became My Husband.


"The Price is Right" title was inspired by something my husband said around the time we first met. In reference to himself of course. At the time I didn't even think it was cute or cunning. "Arrogant" was actually closer to my opinion of him and everything he said. The summer of 2007 we were both serving as full-time missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in New Jersey. Within our first few days of knowing each other I walked into a situation in which Elder PRICE appeared to be consumed with his own interests... and me, a meek and humble 23 yr old, called him out on his crap. I expressed myself like a bull in a china shop wearing a knee length skirt and black name tag. I was passionate about missionary work and doing it for the right reasons. He'll tell you that in his mind he agreed with everything I said about "those kind of people", but thought that he was not one of them. Throughout the remainder of our missions we learned more about each other and with that respect and admiration grew.
Fast forward: April 2008 I left my mission to join my family in a place I'd never lived; Boise, Idaho. Three months later Elder Brad Price returns to his home town, a place he refers to as the Promised Land; Boise, Idaho. Three weeks later we find ourselves hanging out for the 4th time. Our siblings hit it off well so we all decided to go to the premiere of the new Batman movie. July 18th. Half way through the movie Elder Price- as I still referred to him, held out his hand for me to hold. I was shocked! I didn't even know he liked me! I shocked myself further by grabbing it! Holy Moly! I hadn't even flirted with a boy in two years! And what the heck was HE thinking! He'd just gotten off the plane! Freak!
People from our mission said "We had no idea about Price and Johnson!" and we responded "Yeah, neither did we!"

Before leaving for his mission Brad planned on attending the Colorado School of Mines in Golden, Colorado to major in chemical engineering. The week he moved to school was the week after my family had a job change...taking us back to Colorado Springs, Colorado, my home town.
December 18th, 2008 Brad and I were married.
December 2nd 2009 we welcomed our first child, Garrett Bradley Price. Oh the stories I have to tell regarding that!
Actually you could just read in on my mom's blog- she's a better writer than I. www.momza.blogspot.com
Anywho, I'm not anything special. I'm just telling my story...and now you know how it became Our story. While this Price is not always right my life does feel like a game show. Stick around and find out "What's behind doooooooooor number TWO!!!"

1 comment:

Momza said...

Woohoo! It's a Great Beginning!

Post a Comment